EU residents may consider the option of living in Italy, either for part of the year or permanently. Other nationalities are subject to sstricter immgration laws, Italy recently having had a large influx of eastern Europeans. It's a great place to live for many reasons;
- the pace of life outside the main cities is slow and easy
- Italians are extremely friendly and fascinated by other people and cultures
- the weather in hidden Italy is extremely moderate, except high in the Appenines
- cost of living is comparable to many places in Europe and north America
- standard of food is excellent from the excellent quality of available produce to the variety and excellence of Italian restaurants
- There are some negative issues - the main being the likelihood of earthquakes, especially in central and southern Italy. This is why house insurance is often quite expensive.
- Don't forget that some remote locations may not have mobile/cell phone coverage. You can use this as a bargaining ploy if it is convenient.